Thursday, June 3, 2010

Emmsma's IDS Commitment

My commitment is not really very concrete.

What I want to get out of this study, is to find the me in all the cards. LOL.

I was thinking that it would be a fun exercise to go through the deck and connect the image with an event at some time in my life. Past, present, and ?desired future?

Well, as I said earlier, this started as a search for the story of the Templars, of Grail Legend. So that will be part of it for me. I have several books to work through.

Part one then is the back research. Reading all I can. All that I've gathered and all that I may yet seek out.

Currently reading:
The Templars - Piers Paul Read
High History of the Holy Graal (ebook from Gutenberg.org)

Others to be read:
-The Knights Templar and their Myth - Peter Partner
-Mysteries of Templar Treasure and the Holy Grail : The Secrets of Rennes Le Chateau - Lionel and Patricia Fanthorpe
-The History of the Knights Templars - Charles G. Addison
-The Templar Mysteries - Dana Kelleher
-From Ritual to Romance - Jessie Weston (ebook from gutenberg.org)

Of course I also have the companion books to all three decks. And I look forward to the conspiracy stories and fantastical myths. They are part of their story, so I will seek it all out.

The second part of my study is the study of the cards themselves.

I want to learn what it is that they want to tell me, what it is about them that calls to me. I intend to look at each card, journalling what it means to me. Afterwards I can read on what the artists intent was. It may or may not affect my understanding of the card.

I do not yet know if it will be a reading deck, but perhaps so. I am starting to have conversations with it - asking a question, selecting a card and the next question will come from that resulting card, and so on.

It is a chatty deck. Yes, I think I will read with it, but I can't see sharing it with others. Its a reading deck, but for me only. :)

I may add or change my intent, but thats it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment