Thursday, June 17, 2010

Emmsma Daily Draw: 6/17/10 - Knight of Staves

The card was painted in pastels -pink and blue. All is quick-motion here - even the very way he was painted indicates speed.

He rides his horse, staff upraised - charging. The horses hooves are both well off the ground - rearing as the knight pulls on the reigns.

Perhaps he is trying to gain control.

There is Power here. And Strength. And Courage.
Maybe even a little recklessness.

I'd like to think I can embody all this card represents today. Though not in control, I'd like to seize the reigns - with all due Strength and Courage - and ATTEMPT to gain some control; to take some steps to guide my own path.

Today we have an appointment for my 7 year old son. He's expressed a desire to commit suicide. I must charge forward, doing whatever I can to try to get him the help that he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment